So I picked the Cali blouse to sew up. JubeJube picked the fabric, she wanted blue and when I showed her 3 or 4 fabrics she jumped on the feathers and I couldn't have made her change her mind even if I wanted to. This fabric is Petit Plume from Camelot fabrics. You do see Amelia here in the photos (the joy of having two girls the same size) only because JubeJube is in school, but JubeJube does love her new blouse. Now to get it off Amelia, I guess I'll be needing to make another.
So many little details to the blouse, like the elastic casing at the uppper part of the long sleeve, the button loops, the curve of the yoke at the front and back and the detailed instructions for French seams.
This is what you get with the purchase of the Cali PDF pattern:
- sizes 2t-6 years
- 1/2" seam allowances included
- Step-by-step photos included with the tutorial
- Detailed charts in metric and imperial measurements for yardage requirements and body measurements.
- 80 plus pages of instructions and pattern pieces (in 3 different PDF files)
- Designed for a woven fabric, but I'm sure it can be made in a knit.
- Great cutomer service, I got an email a day later from Jill asking me if everything was ok and not to be shy if I had any questions in regards to construction of the pattern.
- So many different sleeve options and dress or blouse length.
I think the only down side is the fact that it only goes to a size 6.
So we don't need to mess around with this one, I say its a keeper! I'll for sure be making it again!
And this face, well she's a keeper too, don't you agree!
Until next time, xx.