Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sew Ready For Fall with Stylish Fabrics

What am on doing on what seems like the hostest and most humid day of the year? Yup, I'm dressing myself up for fall weather!



I did have some help thanks to Sylish Fabrics, I was sent 2 yards of this beautiful sweater knit to use for the purpose of this tour. I was also sent over by the Patterns for Pirates team the add on pack to the Raglan Slim Fit  to add the hood to the pattern I already love so much! As always, my opinions are my own!


Check out their links here. Twitter – Facebook – Instagram – Pinterest

So back to this hot and humid day...and me dressed like its getting cool outside! I can't say that I'm ready for fall to come just yet, but at least I have this oh so comfy hoody!


About the fabric... I chose based on color and what I thought the texture would be, not sure exactly what to expect since I shop a lot by touching fabrics. If I don't like what it feels like, I don't buy it. When the fabric arrived I was pleasently surprised at how soft and light weight it was.


So I couldn't just drape myself in this wonderfully soft fabric, so the next best thing was to make it a hoodie. My go to top pattern lately has been the Slim Fit Raglan by Patterns for Pirates....add on a hood and I'm a happy lady!


I have to admit, I've never sewn up this type of knit before. So with caution, a lot of clips to avoid having wonky seams and good ball point needles I got the job done. I added some twill tape at the neckline to stabilize it and avoid stretching it out and glad I did.


So if you don't mind...I need to get back into the AC and cool off!



Make sure you check out the other stops on the tour! 

There are TONS of prizes, for which I’m not able to win so go on and enter and increase your own chances to win!

Enter the giveaway by going here: Sew Ready for Fall Intro post




August 1st
August 2nd
August 3rd
August 4th
August 5th

August 8th
August 9th
August 10th
August 11th
August 12th

Until next time, xx.

7 comments:

  1. The sfr by P4P is definitely one of my favorite patterns. Just slim enough to be flattering, but not skin tight. And the add on pack is a great value too. This looks like the sort of piece that I would grab over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think its going to be one of my go-to pieces this fall too! Thanks for having me along on the tour!

      Delete
  2. Your photographer takes good pictures ;) You look great! Love how it turned out, I think I need to try that pattern and get some of that fabric. Looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the old one is so FIRED! and he didn't even put up a fight...Looks like someone has a new job ;)

      Delete
  3. That fabric look so soft and comfy; you are going to be stylish and warm this Fall! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Love how it turned out, I think I need to try that pattern and get some of that fabric.slim now

    ReplyDelete