Thursday, August 11, 2016

Vivie by Blaverry

Vivie by Blaverry has been revamped! So excited to show off the newest options on this practicle and classic style shirt dress.



This is a great pattern with a classic style but with all the details involved I wouldn't try this as a first sewing project. The bodice has darts, there's a collar stand with collar, side seam pockets, button placket with buttons all the way down the front. If you feel that you're at that point in your sewing skills, then yes, go for it!

The new feature on this pattern is the sleeve! Actually 3 sleeve lengths are now available on this pattern, short, half sleeve, and long sleeve.



I have a confession to make, This dress started out being for JubeJube, so I cut out a size 5. All through the process of sewing up the dress I had JubeJube try it on to make all the adjustments needed. When I got to the end...she says "but there's not enough pink, I don't like it." So Amelia has it, but I also had to bribe her with ice cream to get her to wear it because she wanted a polka dot fabric. You'll notice that the waist is a little bit low on her, Amelia's torso is a lot shorter than JubeJube's. Amelia's bodice would have been a size 4 in length and I would have added some length to the skirt for it to hit above the knee.

 Lessons learned, I should keep letting them choose their own fabric so they like everything about the garments I make them.





Looking for more fun inspiration with this pattern from Blaverry, visit these blogs!

Crafti Mom - Ruby Rue CreationsSnixie Bear - Sprouting JubeJube - Blaverry - Princesse et TrĂ©sors - Captures by Chris

Until next time, xx.

* I was given this pattern for the purpose of the review, but all opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment