Armed with 4 small rugs and this tutorial from Retropolitan I put my own spin on this very fun project.
Here are a few things you will need for this project:
- Size 16 sewing machine needle (or denim needle)
- 20 inch or more zipper (it can always be cut down to size)
- Measuring tape
- 3 IKEA rugs @ 2.99
- Beanbag filling
I did change up the size just a bit because of the dimensions of the rugs, they were just slightly smaller by a couple of inches. And one very important thing I did change in the steps of completing the poof is I sewed up the zipper first. I just felt it would be easier to negotiate that zipper before assembling the poof.
These are the steps I followed:
- Cut out the pieces required for the poof.
- Sew in zipper (this is an easy to follow tutorial for conventional zippers).
- Sew the rest of the sides of the poof together...Leave zipper open so that you're able to turn your poof right side out.
- Fill your poof (I would suggest putting the bean bag filling in a pocket made from woven cotton so you don't end up with the filling all over the place if a child should open that zipper).
With the 4th little rug I was able to make a matching throw pillow. Mine was 12" X 12", but it could have been made any size.
Last step...sit and enjoy!
Until next time, xx.