Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Women's Adalynn Dress

Every once in a while I take a leap of faith and try a new to me designer. This time I was pleasently surprised by Mamma Can Do It and the women's Adalynn.

It's a very simple design with a great tutorial explaining fit and different fabrics.



Never have I seen a tutorial with a worksheet to factor in stretch of fabric and the desired fit. You may have in the past been disappointed by a garment you made because you just felt it was too big, that may have been because the fabric had a lot of stretch. This worksheet helps you determine what size will be right for you taking into account the stretch of fabric and desired fit and it is so easy to follow.



So now about the finished dress! The fabric is a "coup de cœur" that I purchased a couple of years ago in Quebec city. The front is a polyester knit blend, the back and sleeves are a rayon lycra blend with a lot of stretch and a fantastic drape. The fit turned out exactly as I wanted it. I followed the worksheet instructions to determine size and printed only the pattern size I needed. I love that the layer feature is available on the Adalynn pattern.


I changed up the sleeve and drafted a cap sleeve to give it more of  a "little black dress" look. The pattern has three sleeve lengths included with it.




I think this is a great basic pattern and again I can't say enough about the helpful worksheet! Love it!

Until next time, xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment