Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Make Laundry, Don't Do Laundry Tour

These are my thoughts, you're in a time crunch, you have 3 loads of laundry to do, and you really don't want to do any at all, but you have an outing and you're favorite pair of jeans are in the wash and so is your go-to top...you know the one that fits you so well and that makes you feel wonderful. You have time to one load of laundry, so in the jeans go, and during that time you make yourself a new top, using that go-to pattern...try and beat the clock!


SO instead of making 1 top, I made 3, using 3 different patterns. Each taking just under an hour including cutting time.




I started with the first  PDF pattern I ever purchased. Its the Seafarer Top by Sew Much Ado. Its an easy dolman style top with a few options available to the pattern.


The arm bands...I had them on there but after trying it on I just didn't like the way it looked on me and they ended up on the sewing room flood. So even with this ouuups it still took me under an hour.



And then I looked in my to-do pile and saw the Art Gallery fabric and I've been wanting to make E+M Pattern's top No. 27 (free pattern alert, get it in the facebook group E+M + You) since its been out, and I still had time on the clock...so here we go!


Another quick dolman top with cuffs at the sleeves, a facing at the neckline and curved lower hem.



This pattern is available in sizes 2 years - 10 years.
Ain't it cute!



Ok, so time to put the load in the dryer, so I guess that means I have time for one more...
Next on the list, the Free Spirit Tank by Patterns for Pirates.


I had to use two different fabrics on this one because I didn't have enough of that floral print, but I really like the way it turned out. I made the Hi-Low hem option with the racer back.


Feeling quite sassy in my new tank...I may have to put the timer more often!

**FYI: I'm told I'm a little very OCD when it comes to laundry and folding, everything has to be folded the "right" way, it must be fresh out of the dryer and still warm and don't mix up those colors and whites because I may ban you from my laundry room! ...I acutally love doing laundry, but don't tell anyone here!



Go check out the other stops on this tour...either you want to avoid doing laundry so you just make more clothes (to eventually wash, hate to burst your bubble) or set the timer like I have...I'm sure you'll be inspired! AND don't forget to enter the giveaway!

Until next time, xx.


 



Thanks to all of our amazing sponsors for being a part of this tour.
A few of the designers are having sales for the duration of the tour, so here's the codes!George & Ginger use code MAKELAUNDRY25 for 25% off her patterns Blaverry use code MAKELAUNDRY for 25% off her patterns Stitch Art use code MAKELAUNDRY for 30% off patterns Paisley Roots use code MAKELAUNDRY for 25% off patterns These codes are good through June 12th! Then Laela Jeyne's Emily Womens T-shirt & the Deluxe Charlotte Kids Leggings are on sale through the 11th! No code needed! I know everyone loves a good giveaway so here's the prize packages:
Link-up Prize Package
Prize Package 1
Prize Package 2

10 comments:

  1. The Dolman!! I'm surprised we didn't see more in the tour. I'm not sure if there really is a quicker sew. Thanks for joining and I love all of your tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me, loved the challenge and lucky me I got a couple of tops out of it!

      Delete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! Now I want the Free Spirit tank too...lol. That E+M top is such a quick sew, isn't it? And on trend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Free Spirit tank for the past year has been my go-to tank, love it and its always a perfect fit!

      Delete
  3. I love the Art Gallery Southwest print you used here! I used that to make matching dolmans for my daughter and I. All of these tops are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything you made, such great quick sews! My favorite is your free spirit tank. I don't often love front and back mixes but this one really works and I think is even better than if they were the same. Plus it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often mix up back and front either, but for htis one it really works AND I was able to use the last little be of that floral print that I just love!

      Delete
  5. These are perfect! I absolutely adore this bold flower blue fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get that free spirit tank! They look amazing on you and I love your daughters. That fabric is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my go-to tank pattern and with so many hem options and great fit its really a must have :)

      Delete