Thursday, May 11, 2017

Madelyn in a Knit

This isn't the first time I've sewn up Madelyn by the Hnadmaiden's Cottage. Going back to August 2015 to show you one of my favorite patterns.

The huge difference, JubeJube is a little older and bigger and Madelyn is made from a knit, Birch organic cotton from the Wonderland collection.



Some may want to size down when making a garment with a knit that was designed for a woven fabric, that is not always the case. You must take into cosideration the elasticity of the fabric and how the pattern is made. For this one I left everything as if I were making it from a woven fabric. There is no lycra/spandex in this fabric and its quite thick with not more than 30% stretch. It is soft and cozy and a dream to work with though! My suggestion is always to try it out to see how you like the fit with the fabric type you intend to use. 



So now to let you in on Lynn's little gift to you. Join the Handmaiden's Cottage Pattern Group on Facebook before Mother's Day 2017 and get the Madelyn pattern, for FREE! Only on Mother's Day!


Now I'll just let you enjoy JubeJube in Wonderland.








Until next time, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment