Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Twirly Skirt by E&M Patterns

This is the image that prompted me to apply for the testing call. Little did I know that this is the first clothing pattern by E&M Patterns, and is now available in their Etsy shop. Isn't it pretty! Do also take a look at Allison's fancy crib shoe patterns in her Etsy shop, petitboo



This is my finished version that I showed a sneak peek of here when I wrote up the tutorial about the adjustable elastic.



I used a polyester suiting to make it more for this time of year (cold), it will be really nice with a pair of tights, layered with a cardigan.


I did cheat a little, I used grosgrain ribbon for the sash, and a ready made double fold bias instead of making my own, but it worked out great.




The length is just perfect, to the knee and with the elastic at the back, no zippers or buttons! The explanations to this pattern are so easy to follow AND my skirt is as pretty on the inside as on the outside (and no serger required).



I got a happy dance out of my niece and a sweet "thank you auntie Debbie". 

Until next time, xx








No comments:

Post a Comment