Friday, August 12, 2016

Wonderlust by Monaluna

Yay its Friday and its finally my turn to show what I've made with the wonderful fabrics from the Wanderlust collection from Monaluna.



When Gemia of Phat Quarters intorduced the idea of embroidery hoop art to me I must admit it took a little bit of brainstorming to create something that would really showcase how beautiful each print really is and how they could come together as a whole.

The print that spoke volumes to me was Sky, so I started with that one. I love how you can play with the fabric placement in the hoop and not get the same image.



After the hand embroidery was done I felt my sky look a little empty so I decided to appliqué some feathers from the fabric print by the same name. I love that the feathers added a little dimension to my work.

Again, thinking of fabric placement I went with Wild Horses...making sure I got an image of the horses running and not cutting off legs or heads. Yes it will take up a little more fabric that way, but so worth the effort.


Then wanting to combine all the fabrics into one piece I used 2.5 inch squares to create a miniature quilt. Don't look too closely though, I must admit I'm not a quilter.





The original plan was to create three hoops but the project took on a life of its own and I still had fabric left to play with...so Diamonds in the Rough got some Feathers appliqué to it and I also wanted to show more of the pinks that we see in Sky. Then finally is a 5 inch hoop I framed out Wild Flowers.



A huge thanks to Monaluna and Phat Quarters for supplying me with these beautiful fabrics to work with!

Want to win your own half yard bundle of this gorgeous fabric...here's your chance, enter here through Gleam





Monday Aug. 8 - Monaluna & Phat Quarters
Wednesday Aug 10th - Jilly Atlanta & Chalk and Notch
Thursday Aug. 11th - Paisley Roots & Blaverry
Friday Aug. 12th - Sprouting Jube Jube & Phat Quarters



Take time to check out the other posts and see how they were inspired by these beautiful prints form Monaluna!

Until next time, xx.

4 comments:

  1. This is just so perfect! I love how your 'wall' turned out ;) Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Wanderlust! Your hoops are inspired - love! (Jane Olley)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative work of art! I love how you shared a creation that isn't apparel. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing nod to your hobby and an excellent tutorial. I love the creativity in this post!

    ReplyDelete