Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Gypsy by Designer Stitch

Its getting easier and easier to sew for myself and put myself in front of the camera. The secret is finding great patterns with beautiful designs that make me want to sew for myself. 



Until now Designer Stitch has been a little bit of a secret to me. I didn't know very much about this independent pattern company or about their designs. I'm so glad that I got this oppertunity to play around with the Gypsy dress pattern. Ann Grose is the designer behind Designer Stitch and she's celebrating their one year anniversary, for now until June 12 (Australian time zone) enjoy 50% off all patterns in the shop!



The Pattern:

I used the Gypsy dress and tunic pattern and didn't change much about the way it was constructed in the pattern. I did change out the facing at the neckline and used a self-made bias tape instead. Even though I had 3 meters of the fabric I did run out just due to the fact that this print is so huge and the repeats are far in between. I just had to have my print line up.


Two neckline options are in this pattern, round neck and cross-over. And yes I went with cross-over. There are a number of hemline options, top, tunic length, maxi, and hi-low. I wanted a little bit of a sassy look so I used the hi-low hem option.




The tutorial is well written and easy to follow. The tech drawings accompany the step-by-step instructions.




The Fabric:

When I selected my fabric for this project I was thinking summer and warm colors and light weight, so I opted for a cotton voile purchased a Fabricville for the purpose of sewing up this pattern (so I'm not sewing from my stash today).







There are so many more stops on the tour to get inspired and to celebrate this first year of pattern creating for Ann. Go check them out!

June 5, 2017 
Bellevi  



June 8, 2017

June 9, 2017
Indulging Mum 

Until next time, xx.

disclaimer: I received the pattern for free for the purpose of the tour, but all thoughts and opinions are my own! 

3 comments:

  1. What a great high/low hem! I love how you've styled this--that hat is fabulous with the dress! It looks like it'll be a great cool dress for summer heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great ... so lovely on you
    www.stokstaartjedoethetzo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great look! It just looks like something out of a magazine! Pretty pictures too! I can imagine the big print made it difficult, but you have done such a great job! I really love this dress!

    ReplyDelete