This is the perfect starter project for you if you've never sewn swimwear, the free pattern by Filles a Maman doesn't demand too much time or fabric. Its also a great opportunity to try out FAM patterns if you haven't had the chance because its free for you to download!
Here is what to expect with Filles a Maman's swimcap pattern:
- The pattern can be downloaded in French or English
- Tech drawings included with the step-by-step instructions
- Sizes 12 months to 14 years included
- Measurement chart and fabric requirement chart included
- Layered printing to print out only the sizes you need or want
- Cutting layout
- 1/4" seam allowances included
After deciding that I was making this swimcap I needed to make a swimsuit to match the fun retro style of the cap. I went with the Waikiki one piece swimsuit by Peek-a-Boo patterns. Those ruffles on the butt made me giggle and I knew that JubeJube would love them.
Here are some of the details of the Waikiki from Peek-a-Boo:
- Sizes 3 months to 12 years included
- Easy to follow instructions with step-by-step photos
- 3/8" seam allowances included
- Some pattern pieces need to be self drafted, measurements for those rectangular pieces are provided in a chart
- Tips for sewing swimsuit fabric
After sewing up these two patterns I've decided I will never buy a swimsuit again for the girls. Both patterns were fun and easy and the outcome is a great fit and an original design.
Happy birthday to you my JubeJube!
Until next time, xx.