Monday, September 23, 2013

Leona Bolero-Top-Dress by Popolok Design

What a wonderful design! All of Popolok Design pattern are original and beautiful, and I got a chance to test Leona! The pattern has been released and I can now show you this beautiful design.

I took it as an opportunity to start my Christmas sewing. Yes, I did say Christmas (BTW, less than 100 calendar days till the Holiday Season ). I chose heavier weight fabrics, a polyester viscose blend suiting.




This pattern features a bolero that can be worn over just about any outfit, a peplum top, and a dress with different sleeve options. The tutorial is full of extra information like adding a sash, making a little pettiskirt, how to put in a regular or invisible zipper, and that's just to name a few. The pattern pieces themselves are full of markings to make sure everything is lined up correctly when you start assembling you garment. Tons of step-by-step photos along the way, I think even a beginner with some experience would have a lot of fun putting this one together.





The sizing chart is spot on. With JubeJube's measurements I decided to go with a size 3, and it was a perfect fit. I didn't even have to make any adjustments to the length of the skirt.





The options I used were the dress, with puffy sleeve, and ruffled collar. I generally use an invisible zipper, I just find it looks prettier. 











And did I not say something about Christmas...Yes JubeJube had me take out some decorations seeing that I told her she could wear her new dress for a Christmas party.




No comments:

Post a Comment