Sunday, October 1, 2017

SisBoom Sophie and Wild Animals

The original idea with SisBoom Sophie was for JubeJube, in another fabric that I had selected. I asked her opinion on the fabric and she flat out said NO, I don't like it and she chose Monaluna's Night Garden that I purchased from Phat Quarters fabric shop. I wasn't ready to use that fabric just yet (Ha!) but she insisted. So I went with it.

I finished sewing up the blouse, had JubeJube try it on and said she didn't like the sleeve. And here comes Amelia ouhhhing and awwwwwing over the whole look. She slipped it on and was so eager to go take photos with her favorite friends! Just goes to show you that plans can change!



I made a contrasting facing on the outside for a fun look. That fabric for the facing comes from my stash.



The sleeves are 3/4 length, I used the measurements on the long sleeve pattern piece to find the right length for my model.





Now here's your chance to do a good deed and in return get some fun sewing patterns to sew up some fantastic fitting garments.  Go visit the SisBoom website and pick out some patterns, go to checkout and use the code "Maria", 50% of the profits form your purchase will go to help victims of Hurricane Maria AND you'll also get 20% off your purchase! If you want more info on this project got to the SisBoom facebook page.





Until next time, xx.

2 comments:

  1. I love your contrasting fabrics! I recognized the red & white fabric as one by designer Basic Grey Right off. Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can tell you its not by Basic Grey, but its actually from Camelot Fabrics... I have so many of their fabrics and the quality is just beautiful, its been in the stash for about 2 years now ;)

      Delete