Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ballon Top a Design by Heidi&Finn

Spring is having a hard time showing itself this year in Montreal but that hasn't stopped me from making a spring wardrobe for the girls. This time I was testing the new Ballon Top from Heidi & Finn. 


This picture was taken on Saturday, but I kid you not, there is a thin blanket on white stuff ouside this morning! Ok now back to this top....


I used a knit as required for the main fabric and the overlay is a chiffon print fabric. The overlay can be made all the same length or made long in the back as I did. There are also different sleeve length options; short, 3/4 length and long.



I'm not going to tell you that this top was super easy. I must admit that working with chiffon is quite slippery, and sewing it to a knit fabric can be a little tricky. I suggest if you try this to take your time and do some basting. The end result will be so worth the extra effort and time. Also try looking for a nylon chiffon, its not as slippery and you don't have to worry about faying edges.





Until next time, xx.






No comments:

Post a Comment