Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Love me Knot Shorts Designed by GYCT

The weather hasn't warmed up to the point of wearing shorts, infact there's still some snow on the ground. So we're going to will the spring weather by sewing up some spring and summer stuff.

This morning Get Your Crap Together has released their new pattern, Love me Knots. You can pick up your copy in their Craftsy shop.




I used a light weight denim with a little floral print for the shorts. The short feature a keyhole at the side and a waistband with and elastic at the back. The pattern also has a pocket option that I left out.





I was so glad to see how fast these shorts went together. A couple of hours, with many interruptions from both littles, was all it took.



If Amelia's warm smile doesn't bring the sun out, nothing will!

Until next time, xx.

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute on her! Thanks for testing Deborah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter's top is way too cute for words?! Did you make that too?

    You used denim! Denim terrifies me, and I don't even know why. They look awesome. Totally great being in the tester group with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The top is a hand-me-down from my niece, but so classic...I hope to have time soon to make a knock off!

      If you're looking for the look of denim try making something with chambray. It will give you the look of denim without having to work with a thick fabric :)

      Delete
  3. I love that fabric! The shorts are beautiful, but I'm not surprised by that - in awe of pretty much everything you make :)

    ReplyDelete